Faith in Business is here to help support, encourage and equip the leaders of our churches – of all denominations and types – to build on their understanding of workplace issues, and then to use this understanding positively to support their church members and to reach out to men and women in the business world who do not yet know the love of God in their lives.
Church leaders – and working church members
Many leaders in all types of church tell us that they feel ill-equipped to know how best to relate to the Monday-Friday lives of many of their church members. A significant proportion of the minister’s congregation may work in fields that lie outside his or her sphere of understanding, or be facing challenges daily which are unfamiliar to the life experience of those who lead and pastor them.
An untapped mission field
Another common frustration is a sense of powerlessness in knowing how to go about building bridges to the workplaces and companies within the parish. The world of business is so frequently an untapped mission field on the doorstep of the church. However, it can feel a daunting task, particularly to clergy who have not themselves had previous careers in business.
How Faith in Business can support you
- By putting you in touch with people who have expertise and live in your area
- By providing a speaker to come and talk about faith and business
- By teaching a positive theology of work and providing ideas for sermons and sermon series
- By suggesting ways to pray for members of your congregation in different types of job
- By commending some excellent books and articles on faith and business
- By inviting you and members of your congregation to our annual conference